Welcome to Ben Greenfield’s Weekly Roundup and Cool New Discoveries!
Ben Greenfield’s discoveries from the latest news from the fronts of fitness, nutrition, health, wellness, biohacking and anti-aging research. I also recap my upcoming events and special announcements so you can keep up with giveaways, discounts, and more!
New Discoveries Of The Week: Cool New Things I’m Trying, Books I’m Reading, And More!
My Ultimate Anti-Aging Morning Smoothie:
Brace yourself. I’ve only got ONE big tip for you today, but it is very big. As you may already know from articles like this, I’ve been doing some intensive study on anti-aging, and come up with a full list of everything (and I mean everything) one could put into, say, a morning smoothie with some ice and a liquid of choice (such as bone broth, coconut milk, hemp milk, etc.) to create the ultimate anti-aging morning breakfast smoothie. We’re talking a host of ingredients that target mitochondria, hormesis, inflammation, stem cells, skin/hair/nails, NAD and sirtuin, pathways and beyond – including rhodiola, colostrum, chlorella, marine phytoplankton, aloe vera, coffeeberry fruit extract, frozen broccoli sprouts, moringa, blueberries, cacao powder or cacao nibs, black currant powder, turmeric, green tea extract, Ceylon cinnamon, wild blueberry powder, wild strawberry powder, sunflower lecithin, collagen, L-Glutamine, aloe vera, Pau d’Arco, marine phytoplankton, mushrooms, D-Ribose and more.
My general approach is to take a heaping teaspoon to tablespoon of most of the ingredients (a little *less* of the stevia, since it’s sweet), blend it all with ice and bone broth to desired texture, top with a superfood like goji berries, dried blueberries, cacao nibs, spirulina, etc. and dig into culinary nirvana. It is admittedly not a cheap smoothie but holy hell – you’re going to feel like you’re sixteen years old after you drink this. Bon appetit! Click here for the full Amazon list of every single ingredient I put into this smoothie. You can literally just buy everything off that list and keep in one section of the pantry to quickly add to the blender.
Podcasts I Recorded This Week:
Articles & Podcasts I Was Featured In This Week:
::: Get Your Sex Life Back! :::
GAINSWave is a special type of protocol that is technically called “extracorporeal shock wave therapy,” also known as “Audio Frequency Shockwave Therapy.” This technique uses mild acoustical waves to “shock” a male or female’s genitals back to life in the case of things like low drive or erectile dysfunction or to turn “up” your overall drive and enhance pleasure.
“Gains Enhancement” is one of the only drug-free, surgery-free male enhancement procedures that not only provides effective treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED), but that can also increase both length and girth. To read my in-depth experience with this protocol, click here. Right now, when you purchase six treatments, you will get a seventh treatment free. To take advantage of this limited time offer, click here.
– November 1 – 4, 2018: Live It To Lead It Health Centers of the Future Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada. Create the life you want, the marriage you want, the family you want—all fueled by a practice that radically changes the lives of your patients. this three-day event, you’ll learn the latest medical discoveries in cellular health, get a marketing plan for scaling your practice and find ways to build residual passive income. Join me!
– December 1, 2018: Spartan AT&T Park Stadium Sprint, San Francisco, California. Can you feel the energy, San Fran? Run around the concourse. Rope climb in the outfield. Do burpees in the dugout. Challenge yourself to three miles that will include 20+ signature obstacles. See you there!
– December 2 – 8, 2018: RUNGA Retreat, Dominican Republic. You’re invited to join me at RUNGA in December 2018. Join me in the Dominican Republic, one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean, for this retreat. In all RUNGA activities, RUNGA invites you to come home to yourself. To see everything you’ll be getting into, just click here. Use code BEN when you register so you get your gift when you arrive! I’ll be there, too. Join the waitlist here.
– December 14 – 16, 2018: World Congress 2018 Hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Las Vegas, Nevada. If you attend any conference this year, make it the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine’s 26th Annual World Congress. The fact is, in an era of andropause, low drive and deteriorating men’s health, it’s shocking that both practitioners and the public aren’t aware of ancestral wisdom and modern scientific and medical tactics that can be used to optimize male physiology. It’s time that changed, and I’ll be teaching exactly how to make men, men again. Join me!
– Jan 20 – 21, 2019: Serious Business Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana. This conference is going invoke thought and insight and expose you to new ideas and thinking on self-development and business in the beauty industry. Register here.
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
This Week’s Most Popular Instagram Pic:
View this post on Instagram
Wow. Upon my arrival to my hotel room in Chicago I was greeted with a care package from @hivibechi – an amazing juice bar. Check out the cornucopia. The Lean Velvet is their nutrient dense low-sugar superfood smoothie. Here’s how this smoothie breaks down: Base: Wild Harvested Chaga tea Greens: Kale, Spirulina, and Chlorella – all the phytonutrients! Health Fats: Avocado, Coconut Meat, and Coconut Butter Antioxidants: Blueberry and Ceylon Cinnamon Immunity Booster: Camu camu – 200% of your daily vitamin C right here! Protein: Collagen All of these are blended together and lightly sweetened with xylitol and stevia to create Lean Velvet. Or how about the Keto Bowl. They blend acai with coconut meat, avocado, MCT oil, raw cacao, for a flavor-filled fat bomb base, lightly sweetened with xylitol and stevia. They then place a layer of Brazil Nuts on the bottom, for a boost of selenium, and top it off with pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cacao nibs, bee pollen, cashew butter, and a touch of seasonal fruit. I could go on and on but you get the idea… From bone broth to gut shots to power smoothies and beyond, you gotta check this place out. These days, I’m becoming a bigger and bigger fan of really good alkalizing vegetable juices and this stuff was top notch.
A post shared by Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfieldfitness) on
This Week’s Most Popular Tweet:
I did a 30 Day No #Alcohol Experiment with a semi-heavy drinker as the subject. @WellnessFX did his bloodwork and I evaluated his #biomarkers before and after. The results are astounding & will inspire you to finish #SoberOctober strong… https://t.co/FFxBi6fzgk
— Ben Greenfield (@bengreenfield) October 24, 2018
My Most Popular Facebook Post This Week:
Snapchat’s Most Popular Story This Week:
This week on Snapchat, I showed you my backyard and exactly what in my backyard has been waking me up this week. Hint: it goes cock-a-doodle-doo. Follow me on Snapchat to see more snapshots from my home and my daily life. Add me here.
This Week’s Most Popular Pin from Pinterest:
Evidence for the heart and brain health benefits from omega-3 fish oil is undeniable.* But LivingFuel SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ does not stop there. It is far more than just fish oil; it is a sophisticated Antioxidant Essential Fatty Acids supplement and it’s ideal for the entire family.
Conventional fish oil supplements contain significantly more EPA than DHA (typically a 3:2 EPA:DHA ratio), but SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ contains additional DHA that gives it a 1:1 EPA:DHA ratio. Mounting research suggests that higher levels of DHA are optimal for human health, supporting the new 1:1 ratio.
Not all fish oils are created equal. The best quality Omega-3 fats like those in SuperEssentials® Omega 3EDA+ come from small fish like sardines and anchovies that thrive in cold waters. Unfortunately, many of the supplements lining the aisles of health food stores contain inexpensive fish oils from large fish that swim in suspect waters. Plus, they often contain fillers and synthetic materials that can rob the body of nutrition. Order it here.
*The FDA hasn’t evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Need Help Fully Optimizing Your Brain & Body?
Did you know you can consult one-on-one with me so that I can personalize a nutrition or fitness plan for you to reach your goals? Are you training for physical performance? Trying to shed fat or gain lean muscle as fast as possible? Ready to tap into the most cutting-edge health, fitness and longevity protocols? Contact me so I can get you exactly what you need to reach your goals as safely and quickly as possible.
Leave your comments below – and any news or discoveries that you think I missed!